Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Right. Our 3 year old arrives on Sunday.

(8 Posts)
seeker Fri 21-Sep-12 08:07:45

What have I forgotten?

Northernlurkerisbackatwork Fri 21-Sep-12 08:14:55

How exciting!

I know very little about horses but I guess it's like babies - somewhere for them to sleep, something to eat, something to play with, something to take them around the place with? grin

Northernlurkerisbackatwork Fri 21-Sep-12 08:15:32

(I actually clicked on this thinking it must be a dc - then noticed which section I was in grin)

seeker Fri 21-Sep-12 08:30:44

Well, at least he won't need a car seat!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 21-Sep-12 20:17:23

Do you know what he is currently being fed? Youll want to make any changes gradually.

seeker Fri 21-Sep-12 20:22:31

Nothing. He is a very good doer! And there's quite good grass at the moment where he's going. About the same as where he is now.

chloeb2002 Mon 24-Sep-12 22:08:32

wormer (you should worm on arrival regardless of his history)... dentist (young mouths often need 6 month checks and i would always have teeth done before you start to mouth them)... rugs (if needed) head collar...rope.. tack... lunging stuff...

rogersmellyonthetelly Fri 05-Oct-12 18:30:09

All of the above and groundwork groundwork and more groundwork. Get as much idea as you can from the owners what it has done/seen. Has it ha vaccinations before, dentist, cold or hot shod etc. never forget my mates 3yo arriving, she tied it up to the post, 30 seconds later it pulled back, panicked, snapped the twine and buggered off round the yard. Took us ages to catch him. It later transpired he had never been tied up before. Also has he been stabled, some youngsters live out 24/7 and when stabled for the first time they try to climb out. It's a tad unnerving when you see your new purchase with both front legs over the stable door! (also seen that happen!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now