Talk

Advanced search

Just rode for the first time in 5 years

(6 Posts)
Fourstickymitts Wed 05-Oct-11 13:55:29

It was brilliant but, OMG, it hurts! And I rode like a sack of tatties. LOL

Ebb Wed 05-Oct-11 14:22:46

grin Get in a bath of radox quick! I've only ridden twice in the past 4 and a half years but really want to get going again. I just need more money, time, energy etc! Not sure I'll squeeze my post 2 kids lardy arse back in my jodhs either. hmm

frostyfingers Wed 05-Oct-11 16:23:49

Just you wait until tomorrow! Keep yourself active tomorrow - could you ride again quickly as that helps?

Mirage Wed 05-Oct-11 22:03:56

Oh don't tell me that! I'm riding for the first time in 15 years on Saturday.And that was only half a dozen lessons back then.It is 31 years since I rode properly.[old gimmer emoticon] grin

What hurts the worst?

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Wed 05-Oct-11 22:26:52

You need to get back in the saddle again, asap! I often dont ride for long stretches of time, and I find that the first time back, it hurts like hell, but as soon as you ride again, the aches disappear.

chipping Thu 06-Oct-11 19:55:30

he! he! I had bum ache for about 5 days, but that was after a 25yr 'break' from riding. It gets better, just had lesson 6 & feel OK.

Love it & can't stop grinning throughout the whole lesson - will have to stop that, looks a bit mad grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now