Talk

Advanced search

Going to see a little pony for dd2 this weekend.What should I offer.

(4 Posts)
Mirage Tue 04-Oct-11 21:55:08

We've been looking for a little loan pony for dd2 for a few weeks now,with no joy.I was trawling the internet and found a little 12h 15year old gelding for sale-£750 inc tack ono.Done PC good in traffic,gymkhana games,jumps 2ft 3 all the usual stuff.Been up for sale for 2 wks.I googled the phone number and found his ad on another site,dated 23rd August,at £850.

Assuming he is ok and I can have him on trial,what would be a reasonable offer,bearing in mind that they have already got a new pony and are paying livery for both until he goes?
Thankyou.smile

olderyetwider Tue 04-Oct-11 22:14:52

I think that if the owner's willing to give you a trial, and the pony's not overpriced, you shouldn't be looking to haggle too much. £750 including tack sounds very fair if it's a good pony (could you get PC reference?)

Mirage Wed 05-Oct-11 08:23:00

Hmm,I was thinking about a reference last night-I'd need to find out which PC they attended,pony is at Ravenstone,so too far for the Quorn I think.Could be Atherstone.Thanks for the reply,I'm rubbish at haggling.wink

Butkin Wed 05-Oct-11 13:10:53

Firstly I agree about getting a reference from PC.

Secondly do you like the tack that they are offering?

If you're happy with both these and obviously like the pony then I would offer 600 pounds and say that you're going to offer a great loving home etc.

I'm sure they will be keen to move him on before Winter and if no offers since August you're in a good position.

They can only say no and probably shake hands on 700.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now