Talk

Advanced search

New horse excitement!

(9 Posts)
ToxicMoxie Fri 16-Sep-11 00:38:19

My DH and I have just been given a horse, due to illness of the owner. While we can't really afford another, we are very excited as he is a Spotted Saddle horse, and amazing to ride! Does anyone else have experience with gaited horses? He's so incredibly smooth to ride, and very sweet too.

AlpinePony Fri 16-Sep-11 07:48:41

It's been decades since I've ridden a trotter - all good fun though. Congratulations!

marge2 Fri 16-Sep-11 10:51:09

Oooh I find that gaited 'trotting' a bit freaky - what does it feel like?? I've only ever seen them belting along at about 500mph on a race track on TV.

AlpinePony Fri 16-Sep-11 11:17:08

marge if I remember right it was quite smooth but you had to kind of wiggle your hips a la marilyn to sit it well.

Mirage Fri 16-Sep-11 20:19:01

envy I love spotted horses.My childhood pony was a spotty one.He sounds lovely-photo please.smile

MitchiestInge Fri 16-Sep-11 21:27:17

want envy

CeeYouNextTuesday Fri 16-Sep-11 22:31:33

envy

Pixel Sat 17-Sep-11 16:12:09

Ahh, my best boy was a spotty too. Congratulations! smile

ToxicMoxie Sun 18-Sep-11 01:41:30

trying to upload a photo, not sure how...
His running walk feel just like any horse who's going uphill very forward, just not quite breaking into the trot. It's quite hard to describe and as someone who is used to trotting and all, it's just weird going 30 and not galloping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now