Talk

Advanced search

Which long riding boots?

(11 Posts)
olderyetwider Tue 06-Sep-11 23:04:46

I have a significant birthday coming up. Obviously I would prefer to pretend to youth, but it is not to be. My brother wants to buy me some nice riding boots, and I've always rather fancied long boots. I don't think I want shiney boots, I think country boots are more me. I'm a happy hacker, the budget's about £250, and I want them to last forever, but look smart, keep my feet warm in winter, and not be hot in summer. Any ideas?

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Wed 07-Sep-11 01:09:25

Crikey! Our last pony cost less than that! shock grin

Moodykat Wed 07-Sep-11 01:36:41

I love Ariat Grasmere. I don't actually own them as cannot justify it to myself but I think they are beautiful and are apparently great to ride in. Sorry, am on iPhone so can't do a link.

Mayandbump23 Wed 07-Sep-11 05:25:26

Another vote for Ariat Grasmere. A friend has a pair, very jealous of her.

olderyetwider Wed 07-Sep-11 08:19:01

Googled the Ariats, they are very nice, will try some on smile

Callisto Wed 07-Sep-11 08:26:42

A friend has a pair of the Ariat Grassmere's and she said they are rubbish and fell to peices in a month. You could just go for the classic Dubarry dubarry but the world and his wife wears them so you won't exactly stand out from the crowd.

I've got some country rider Tuffa boots which are quite a lot cheaper but are fab. I used them all last winter in the freezing cold and my feet stayed toasty the whole time. They are robust enough to be used for slogging around muddy point-to-points too: tuffa

MitchiestInge Wed 07-Sep-11 08:39:09

think I still want some nice Spanish ones, not sure if they are actually any good

mine (toggi) are boring but they have survived for ages, do have some new Norfolk ones but they are black and for doing Actual Riding Things in - unfortunately shop sent 2 sizes too big, am mentioning because incredibly soft leather and within budget but prob look a bit serious for hacking?

Moodykat Wed 07-Sep-11 13:53:05

Those Tuffa boots look lovely too!

olderyetwider Sun 11-Sep-11 16:23:31

Anybody got Dublin River boots, I like the look of them, but does anyone know if they're any good? Can't have smart boots (or beige jods) as that would look like I was pretending to be a better rider than I am and I can't do Actual Riding Things smile

soda1234 Thu 15-Sep-11 09:46:14

Dd has Mountain Horse Rimfrost Riders, not exactly attractive, but kept her feet toasty all last winter and have worn well

ExitPursuedByaBear Thu 15-Sep-11 09:52:17

grin at Mitchies 'Actual Riding Things'. My biggest mistake was buying a pair of proper leather riding boots which were so bloody hard despite hours of work on them that the creases round my ankles bones used to hurt me sad. Sheer waste of money.

I always rode in Ariat ankle boots and a pair of trusy chaps, once I gave up Actual Riding Things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now