Talk

Advanced search

Anyone going to Burghley?

(6 Posts)
Mirage Sun 28-Aug-11 22:20:51

We are hoping to go on Friday and will take my credit card.grin

Butkin Mon 29-Aug-11 09:37:59

We're going Thursday so we can see Pony Club jumping as well. Basically a shopping fest though! Will go back on Saturday if DD not riding at Morton In the Marsh show.

Mirage Mon 29-Aug-11 14:43:15

I agree with you about the shopping fest.I'll get DH to record all the events on the tv and watch it at my leisure.

Butkin Thu 01-Sep-11 20:09:02

Had a wonderful time in the sunshine today. Hope the weather is as good for your trip Mirage because we kept stopping for drinks and ice cream and collapsed under a tree to watch the Pony Club jumping. Lots of shopping and bought some new wellies but didn't (possible regret) buy a cream coloured dovecote! Really enjoyed walking the course in the tranquility of early evening.

Mirage Thu 01-Sep-11 21:19:05

I'm glad you had a good day Butkin.The weather was glorious today,wasn't it?I'm planning to wear comfortable shoes tomorrow and try my hardest not to buy any more boots or jackets [my downfallblush.

I'll look out for the dovecote.grin

Mirage Fri 02-Sep-11 19:04:08

I'm back and shattered.smileButkin,you'll be devastated to know that the dovecotes had all sold out by 5pm today.

I bought a new handbag and loads of lovely food.I'm saving the rest of my money for the Midland game fair in a few weeks-the last big show of the season so plenty of bargains.

Didn't see any dressage,but will catch up on the tv on Sunday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now