Talk

Advanced search

I went hacking on holiday!! I'm sooo brave!

(13 Posts)
Saggyoldclothcatpuss Tue 23-Aug-11 21:32:12

Since having kids and then breaking my arm falling off a few years back, I've had no balls at all and I've barely ridden. As we were away and DD and I wanted a bonding session we booked a hack.
JESUS! Wales is REALLY HILLY!! confused
I had a huge TB (a long way to fall!) which was admittedly really well behaved, and the going was a quite hairy!
I made the whole ride. I got to the end, was still on the horse, didn't cry and I had my eyes open for most of the time! grin
GO ME!! grin

CMOTdibbler Tue 23-Aug-11 21:40:06

Yay ! Well done for taking the plunge !

MitchiestInge Tue 23-Aug-11 22:15:54

well done! smile think this means you must come and ride out with ME one day soon

Love Wales. severe nostalgia for pony trekking through the brecon beacons when I was younger

MitchiestInge Tue 23-Aug-11 22:16:38

come hunting with me!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Tue 23-Aug-11 22:37:21

I'll come hacking M, off road on a quiet beast! The roads petrify me! confused

MitchiestInge Tue 23-Aug-11 22:40:55

We have loads of fields to ride round, no need to go anywhere near any roads, and if you come soon you will see cast and crew of A Major Film at my stables ;)

MitchiestInge Tue 23-Aug-11 22:42:04

(forgot, we are sworn to secrecy about that but think I mentioned it on here weeks ago so bit late now grin)

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Tue 23-Aug-11 22:49:54

Ooh ooh! Can I come now? Is it someone cute?? Pm me! Pleeeeeeese! grin

MitchiestInge Tue 23-Aug-11 23:09:22

have sent info and link

think the press could be a bit more supportive really!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Tue 23-Aug-11 23:26:10

OOh, sweet boys!
Heres an idea....Ill come over, we can get a job as extras, and we can be like French and Saunders, in their Titanic spoof, standing in the background saying "Rhubarb, Rhubarb" and getting in the way! grin

AlpinePony Wed 24-Aug-11 16:07:17

Where did you go saggy?

Pixel Wed 24-Aug-11 18:22:27

Well done Saggy, I am impressed! smile

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Wed 24-Aug-11 22:05:05

Laugharne in south Wales. Really hilly! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now