Talk

Advanced search

what is the name of that horse that is the only one to have a rank in the army ?

(8 Posts)
OnEdge Sat 11-Jun-11 21:07:41

Just watching trooping of the colour with my Mum and I am trying to tell her about it, but I can't find anything on line. What is his name? I know he's huge and black confused

Mirage Sat 11-Jun-11 21:12:29

Will ask my neighbour about him.All the regimental horses are trained just down the road from us,someone will know.

arfanarf Sun 12-Jun-11 18:36:14

Do you mean Burmese ?
Don't know about him having a rank in the army though, thought that was the drum horse, but I may be wrong there.

arfanarf Sun 12-Jun-11 18:41:23

Yes, apparently they are assigned the rank of major when on parade, a bit of info here

It's funny the bits of trivia that your brain holds onto, isn't it.

frostyfingers Mon 13-Jun-11 08:51:23

Yes, it's the drum horses. When Clare B was doing her bit in the stables she mentioned one they have in training - he's 20hh - imagine the vertigo!

dadof2ofthem Sun 19-Jun-11 17:21:31

the slightly nutty roman emporer caligula, made his horse, incitatus, a senator!

Disasterpiece Sun 19-Jun-11 20:02:52

I missed this program, was in front of Buckingham palace that morning but didnt realise what was going on and had a hungry toddler to sort out. bummer.

Could somebody link me to the iPlayer?

Eve Sun 19-Jun-11 20:12:24

Is it Digger? He's the 20h drum horse, my kids & I met him when we went on tour of the calavary stables.

He is HUGE!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: