Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ankle support

(6 Posts)
willow Tue 07-Jun-11 12:03:18

can anyone recommend one? Broke toe lst month and, while it's fine now, notice left ankle is much weaker than right - probably because walked funny while toe was splinted. As I'm off for a week's riding holiday soon I'm a bit concerned i may end up side-saddle!

acopia Tue 07-Jun-11 23:36:20

How about flexible stirrup irons? They have black rubbery bits and pivot in all different directions, sort of shock absorby. I have them as one ankle mildly dodgy and they do help.

acopia Tue 07-Jun-11 23:37:17

for example

willow Wed 08-Jun-11 13:30:41

Look good but not sure what the company would think about me bringing my own!

ohnelly Thu 23-Jun-11 07:18:54

Hi was going to suggest the stirrups too! I broke my ankle badly and used these while riding when I started again. It was my left one too. It was actually fine when riding, but I could feel it when I was getting on the horse as all my weight was on it, and it felt weak! Try and use a mounting block if possible

CluckyKate Thu 23-Jun-11 11:31:36

Rather than ride on a weak ankle & risk further injury why not get some physio to strengthen it? A decent physio would also be able to advise on which support would be appropriate for your specific problem smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now