Talk

Advanced search

GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT? GUESS WHAT??!!!!

(28 Posts)
Saggyoldclothcatpuss Sun 29-May-11 23:34:56

I popped past my paddock to check on my two ponies on the way home from work.... and there was my not pregnant anymore welshie, nursing her newborn foal!!!!
According to the date of last cover, she was due 2nd july! She took first time, but obviously enjoyed it so much, she went back for another go! She is rather a slapper!!
Anyway, I had everything planned to the enth degree, A foaling paddock with stable for emergencies, take her over early june, keep a close eye, stay over in the feed shed when the time came.....
Ive been at work all weekend, DP has been over to check them, she gave birth totally alone, and 'Alfie' was up, dry and feeding when I found them!!
I always peep over the wall as I drive to the gate, saw him and nearly crashed in shock! grin
Had to get the trailer over and whip them to the new paddock, I had to travel in the nose of the trailer with him!
Have just got in, Mum, son and tiny aged companion all happy and stuffing their faces!
PHEW!

Mousesmummy Mon 30-May-11 00:52:51

Awwwrrrrrr !! That is lovely smile what a fab surprise - no wonder you nearly crashed the car!!
Hope Dp and foal continue to do well x

LordOfTheFlies Mon 30-May-11 01:25:36

You missed your chance with your hot-water-soap-and-a-towel!
Congrats to mum and baby.

I always wonder when I see chubby little ponies if they are hiding a pregnancy.Imagine if you weren't expecting the new arrival. It must surely happen and not just in the Pullein-Thompson books!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 01:29:18

God I'd just keel over! I knew this one was coming, although I didn't think yet! And it was still a shock!! Although I suppose it's actually saved me from a whole month of worrying! grin

LordOfTheFlies Mon 30-May-11 01:33:20

Baby Foal is a Gemini. Enough said. Two Faced. Schizophrenic character. A lifetime if worrygrin

ManateeEquineOhara Mon 30-May-11 07:56:36

Lovely smile We had one born at our yard on Friday - so adorable and precious!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 09:28:04

Gee thanks Lord! grin

olderyetwider Mon 30-May-11 09:58:22

Congratulations!!! What a lovely surprise for you

AlpinePony Mon 30-May-11 10:21:40

Awwww! Pics please!

lordoftheflies Some friends of the family bought a rather rotund Welsh A and was assured (by a vet too) that it was not pregnant, just a "good doer". They ran a trekking centre. Lo and behold when turning up one morning with clients they found her with the foal at foot! grin It does happen.

Doesn't seem to be unusual at all for them to get it done in p&q. Friend had 2 a couple of years ago, she'd set up the foaling box with CCTV. The first one gave birth when she was giving a lesson - so within 1 hour, the second when she had to nip her toddler down to A&E for stitches - so within ~2 hours.

MitchiestInge Mon 30-May-11 11:13:52

Oh congratulations! Can I come and see? Please? Please? Just for a few minutes?

MitchiestInge Mon 30-May-11 11:15:31

Sometime THIS WEEK maybe?

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 11:49:34

Ok. the photos are on my profile. :-)
Mitchy You are welcome to have a peek, but im booked all week im afraid! :-) DD has friend coming tomorrow, Sufffolk show on Wed, Hospital on Thurs, Work Fri/Sat/Sun!

AlpinePony Mon 30-May-11 11:50:29

You've got a PIRATE PONY! grin

MitchiestInge Mon 30-May-11 11:53:11

Oh Suffolk Show, I forgot. Poo.

MitchiestInge Mon 30-May-11 11:55:18

Oh my goodness! He is the most adorable! Oh please try not to be busy forever!

dappleton Mon 30-May-11 12:00:54

Congratulations, just had a little look at the photo's - he's adorable!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 14:47:24

Don't worry M, I'll be free'er next week.

elephantpoo Mon 30-May-11 16:54:36

Aw-what a cutie. Congratulations xx

Mirage Mon 30-May-11 20:57:51

Ahhh,he is lovely.

ManateeEquineOhara Mon 30-May-11 21:01:30

OMG I love his face markings - so cute!!!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 21:14:18

Im worrying tonight! its raining here. I have been well assured that he will be fine out, but he might melt!

MitchiestInge Mon 30-May-11 22:15:11

He is sweet but not made of actual sugar, relax! (thank FUCK for rain btw, at last!)

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 30-May-11 22:20:15

I know! The churchyard is totally bare!! Like a dust bowl with poo!

olderyetwider Tue 31-May-11 11:45:41

He's gorgeous. Have you named him yet?

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 31-May-11 11:48:27

He is gorgeous! shock
(sorry if its a double post mn has gone weird for me)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: