Bullet journalling

(10 Posts)
CottonHeadedNinyMuggins Tue 19-Nov-19 09:55:55

Oh lordy I've found my people in this little corner of mumsnet ❤️

I'm moving from planning in various filofax/mambi/busy days planners into bullet journalling because I need to remember so much and there's never enough space in a dedicated planner so hopefully making my own is the way forward with customisable pages 👍🏻

Does anyone else bujo? Have you found it harder/easier? Do you wish you'd never started or are you actively more organised? 🙂

I went down a happy little youtube rabbit hole last night watching videos about it and I've also bought some v cheap (as in a £2) books from amazon Marketplace to have a ponder through for further inspiration

OP’s posts: |
StrictlyNameChangin Thu 21-Nov-19 00:16:32

I did it last year (well maybe 2 years i think). The are practical bujos and there are pretty ones. Mine hovered somewhere between the two! grin

I stopped because... well because I ran a printed diary alongside it, (worked best for me) and eventually decided to move it all into that. I'm now using Google calendar on my phone instead after I kept misplacing said diary blush . I miss my rituals though - Sunday night plotting out the week, doing a nice monthly title page, and I would stick photos of what I'd been up to that month in it.

WokingPizza Thu 21-Nov-19 00:53:30

I use mine for the bigger things I'll forget but don't write out the monthly calendar anymore.

CottonHeadedNinyMuggins Thu 21-Nov-19 18:25:41

It's definitely time consuming however you do it. I'll definitely never be one of those with the beautiful listing but I'm hoping for functional 🤣

VeryLittleOwl Fri 27-Dec-19 22:57:29

Ryder Carroll's book, The Bullet Journal Method, is currently on sale on Kindle for £1.99. I got started a year and a half ago by watching his video, but have never got round to reading the book!

CottonHeadedNinyMuggins Thu 10-Sep-20 13:35:58

It's a longshot because Amazon appears to only have soft cover (german language too) A4 dotted bujo's but if anyone spots any and rates them please can you post a link? smile

I'd like to try a slightly bigger one I think smile

Prokupatuscrakedatus Fri 11-Sep-20 19:37:50

I got the book ages ago as an audible book inkl a small pdf. I tried his method after I found out that he was diagnosed with ADHD - and it really works for me in a non artisty way. I use a digital calendar, too, but it does not help me think things through.
I started my new (red) Leuchtturm in August with the start of DS last school year.

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Fri 11-Sep-20 19:40:35

I tried Bujo-ing a while back and like the principles of it. I've found though that it's just too time consuming. It's a hobby.

However, I use a lot of the techniques in my job. I'm in an admin role and use the techniques in my work planning.

Bujo-ing has definetly improved my proficiency at work.

If and when I go part time/retire I will Bujo the fuck out of my private life.

IwishIwasyoda Tue 08-Dec-20 08:54:47

i don't find it time consuming at all as mine is purely practical. I don't follow the bujo rules religiously though. Eg I set up 6 month calendar spreads at the start of the book then do a quick double page spread for next 6 months so i have somewhere to jot down things way in the future. I love the flexibility of just adding what pages I need. Used to use an Amazon lemone cork dotted journal but have moved to dingbats which I love

Whattherapy2020 Tue 08-Dec-20 09:25:31

Check out the bullet journal method by ryder Carroll on YouTube channel Productivity Game. Fab 10 minute video.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in