(10 Posts)
tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 19:23:46

Anyone know what’s happened to them?

OP’s posts: |
tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 20:58:22

Hopeful bump

Hassled Thu 17-May-18 21:00:16

You mean the nice thin yellow ones? Those are the best biros. What has happened to them - are they hard to find now?

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 21:04:46

Hello fellow bic fan!

No - not the yellow ones- which were fine I think or called Cristal Original. Which I also think are scarce now

It's the medium bib ones - they had a slightly bigger barrel and a different nib that the standard small ones which are available everywhere. They were my writing implement of choice and I can't seem to buy them anywhere - down to my last one!

Hassled Thu 17-May-18 21:09:03

Ebay is probably your friend here.

I'm partial to a good old school Staedtler handwriting pen - they're nice and smooth - but recently bought a fountain pen for the first time in years just because I think colleagues are less likely to nick it.

Melfish Thu 17-May-18 21:12:39

I love the yellow/orange bics- the nib and barrel size are good for my (illegible) handwriting.
I was v bored in W H Smiths the other day-DD was browsing at the notebooks- and the yellow bics seem to have been repackaged. They're in transparent yellow plastic barrels rather than the opaque ones now. They were in multipacks, I think there were singles but they were 90p! I remember when they were 20p (old gimmer emoticon).
I did see quite a few Bics in there with medium nibs- tenlittledinosaurs are you sure the ones you like haven't been repackaged?

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 21:42:14

I spent a ridiculously long time in WHSmith myself the other day on the hunt and didn’t see them but maybe (hopefully) I’ve missed a repackaging exercise...

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 21:43:05

I did order some off amazon but they weren’t the medium ones when they arrived - was too annoyed to bother with a refund

Happycow Fri 25-May-18 23:04:41

Do you mean the bic clic retractable?

LoniceraJaponica Fri 25-May-18 23:12:30

I can assure you that they are still available. I work for a wholesaler that sells them. We sell cheap own brnad as well, but quite frankly, don't bother. Tesco sell them.

Just look for Bic Cristal. IMO, after a lifetime selling stationery, they are still the best in the business for longevity.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in