Advanced search

Blue bic medium biros

(10 Posts)
tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 19:23:46

Anyone know what’s happened to them?

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 20:58:22

Hopeful bump

Hassled Thu 17-May-18 21:00:16

You mean the nice thin yellow ones? Those are the best biros. What has happened to them - are they hard to find now?

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 21:04:46

Hello fellow bic fan!

No - not the yellow ones- which were fine I think or called Cristal Original. Which I also think are scarce now

It's the medium bib ones - they had a slightly bigger barrel and a different nib that the standard small ones which are available everywhere. They were my writing implement of choice and I can't seem to buy them anywhere - down to my last one!

Hassled Thu 17-May-18 21:09:03

Ebay is probably your friend here.

I'm partial to a good old school Staedtler handwriting pen - they're nice and smooth - but recently bought a fountain pen for the first time in years just because I think colleagues are less likely to nick it.

Melfish Thu 17-May-18 21:12:39

I love the yellow/orange bics- the nib and barrel size are good for my (illegible) handwriting.
I was v bored in W H Smiths the other day-DD was browsing at the notebooks- and the yellow bics seem to have been repackaged. They're in transparent yellow plastic barrels rather than the opaque ones now. They were in multipacks, I think there were singles but they were 90p! I remember when they were 20p (old gimmer emoticon).
I did see quite a few Bics in there with medium nibs- tenlittledinosaurs are you sure the ones you like haven't been repackaged?

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 21:42:14

I spent a ridiculously long time in WHSmith myself the other day on the hunt and didn’t see them but maybe (hopefully) I’ve missed a repackaging exercise...

tenlittledinosaurs Thu 17-May-18 21:43:05

I did order some off amazon but they weren’t the medium ones when they arrived - was too annoyed to bother with a refund

Happycow Fri 25-May-18 23:04:41

Do you mean the bic clic retractable?

LoniceraJaponica Fri 25-May-18 23:12:30

I can assure you that they are still available. I work for a wholesaler that sells them. We sell cheap own brnad as well, but quite frankly, don't bother. Tesco sell them.

Just look for Bic Cristal. IMO, after a lifetime selling stationery, they are still the best in the business for longevity.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »