Talk

Advanced search

Early pregnancy and Covid

(6 Posts)
dippyegg32 Sat 07-Nov-20 05:31:44

Having just received an email from HR about vulnerability to Covid and declaring any new medical conditions, I'm unsure what to do. I've literally just found out I'm pregnant, only my husband knows. I don't want work knowing before my family and friends!! Didn't want to say anything before my 12week scan. Wwyd?

OP’s posts: |
Mindymomo Sat 07-Nov-20 06:34:02

It’s a standard questionnaire for them to know if they have to take extra safety Covid measures in workplace or they are deciding whether to furlough people till March. I personally would tell them, but I understand you wanting to wait till 12 weeks scan, but they need to look after the vulnerable and pregnant women, so will help them to know asap.

Leodot Sat 07-Nov-20 18:41:01

I think you need to tell them. There are lots of different risk assessments that need to be completed and lots of different things that need to be considered to keep you safe.

Subordinateclause Sat 07-Nov-20 21:00:33

(Will preface by saying I'm assuming you work in a school as this is posted in the staffroom, but references to HR and a pp's reference to furlough make me wonder whether that is the case?)

A lot of schools just seem to be expecting pregnant women to carry on as normal - or at least that is my experience, and that of my friends too. I didn't tell them until after 12 weeks as I knew it would make little difference. Not cleaning the children's toilets is the only way my duties differ from anyone else's and that wasn't even on the risk assessment, that's been my own decision that no one else has challenged.

dippyegg32 Sun 08-Nov-20 05:10:36

Yes I am a teacher. I work in a private school though so we have our own HR department

dippyegg32 Tue 17-Nov-20 16:36:12

Thanks I've told my headteacher and TA but won't say anymore until 12 weeks. I do feel better someone else knowing though

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in