Talk

Advanced search

I hate to ask a Covid question but....

(10 Posts)
sleepwouldbenice Tue 27-Oct-20 01:02:02

My dd was last in contact with friend at school last Wednesday. They broke up for half term early. Said friend has Just tested positive but I don’t know when symptoms started to understand if contact was of concern or not
Are schools acting as the track and trace conduit during half term therefore if I haven’t heard anything I shouldn’t worry?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
monkeytennis97 Tue 27-Oct-20 04:25:50

No idea. I would say isolate as she is a contact but I'm not a public health expert I'm a secondary school teacher. It's terrible schools are being left to deal with this. The Headteachers union should be kicking off about this really. Good luck- if it were my son we would all be isolating tbh.

Cracklefraggle Tue 27-Oct-20 08:32:56

Can your dd ask her friend when she took the test / symptoms started? Time frame for isolation is 2 days before whichever came first (test or symptoms). If her friend was ok last Friday your dd is in the clear. If not then isolation is 14 days from the Wed they were together.

Not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but this is how school would do it if we weren't on half term.

Cracklefraggle Tue 27-Oct-20 08:35:04

Shows that leaving track and trace to schools over the hols is a massive error in judgement - not that the govt have shown much of that tbf.

Yellowmellow2 Tue 27-Oct-20 09:21:24

If she had contact within 48 hours of her friend having symptoms, or taking the test, then she needs to isolate. It’s in the guidance.

noblegiraffe Tue 27-Oct-20 10:13:25

Are schools acting as the track and trace conduit during half term

Yes, because they'll have access to seating plans etc. Has the friend contacted the school to tell them?

Asking the friend directly for info will be quicker though.

sleepwouldbenice Tue 27-Oct-20 13:06:25

Hi thanks all for responses. Yes I believe they have told the school

I think I will just have to try to find out from the child when she felt unwell but was hoping fir a more reliable source than a 13 year old😉

It does boil down to if she felt unwell on the Friday or Saturday. They were together on the Wednesday

Yellowmellow2 Tue 27-Oct-20 14:01:39

Could you speak to her parent?
If they are in the same bubble then it’s likely that the bubble should be closed. However, if they have informed the school, and the school haven’t sent it information, then presumably the bubble is ok.

user1471539385 Wed 28-Oct-20 07:50:26

Track and trace still going strong at my school. A phonecall from the head or another member of SLT comes through. Could you contact the school to check? Emails will still be seen, and a COVID-related one answered I would expect.

sleepwouldbenice Thu 29-Oct-20 00:05:40

Thanks all. Contacted school and glad I did as Notification email To school had been missed. DD now isolating, albeit a bit late

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in