Talk

Advanced search

A comparative study analysing the use of the interactive whiteboard in primary schools, across different year groups - Masters Dissertation

(3 Posts)
ShyPrimaryTeacher Fri 07-Aug-20 14:36:06

A comparative study analysing the use of the interactive whiteboard in primary schools, across different year groups - Masters Dissertation

I am a MA Primary Education student at the Institute of Education (IOE) at University College London.

I am attempting to conduct a study to investigate how UK teachers use IWBs across different year groups (EYFS to Y6), understanding and comparing the ways in which it is used (prior to the current pandemic) across the different areas of the curriculum and identify steps that all teachers can take in order to enable them to use it more effectively.

I am aware that this can be a particularly stressful and busy time for you all and I know you're all super busy, but please could any primary/early years/special educational needs (ages 4- 11) teachers willing, complete the short survey ( 5 minutes).

Thank you to anyone who completes this or already has.
It's greatly appreciated.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDsstWDksPf0vLqQ8VGqSfaUTG-6YRJzTRO1UETv5jy2PqCA/viewform?usp=sf_link

OP’s posts: |
NeurotrashWarrior Sat 08-Aug-20 12:13:42

Placemarking to do at some point, Sen primary.

They are increasingly used as giant TVs/ visuals tbh.

When we had a numicon interactive programme I found that was a really effective tool for demonstrating with. In the years of the national numeracy strategy, the dfe had a number of teaching aids that could be accessed through the govt website and used via the iwb that were really good.

One big issue I've found over the years is that when schools upgrade systems, older software ends up not being compatible. And then the licence runs out. And unless staff see it as a really important part of learning, or push hard, it's left behind. Newer staff come in and don't know about it. There were some really good bits of software we've not kept going, eg handwriting programmes, which has been a huge shame.

ShyPrimaryTeacher Sat 08-Aug-20 14:17:23

@NeurotrashWarrior very interesting about the out of date software issue. There are definitely some programs that are a great tool for their job, but just left behind by all these fancy visuals etc.

Thanks for your response smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in