Talk

Advanced search

Gcse results date 2021

(5 Posts)
juicy0 Thu 23-Jul-20 17:01:08

Is anyone able to help me with the date that gcse results will be issued next year please? Sorry to bother you all in your holidays but I'm hoping someone may know.
As mad as it seems we have to book our annual leave a year in advance and I don't want to be on holiday when DS gets his results, it's important to him to go into school with his friends. I've looked online but haven't been able to find the answer.
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Dogsaresomucheasier Thu 23-Jul-20 18:49:51

It’s very difficult to predict because there are rumours of exams being later to allow for more teaching in light of COVID-19. GCSE would normally be third Thursday in August, but could well be later next year.

juicy0 Thu 23-Jul-20 20:03:50

Yes I banked one them being thursday 19th and have provisionally booked a break from the 22nd for two weeks but then there was a suggestion they might be delayed by a week?

OP’s posts: |
Enoughnowstop Fri 24-Jul-20 18:23:34

There are lots of rumours. Teachers have as much information as you do, I'm afraid. We can't give you a straight answer because we don't have one ourselves. Much is going to depend, I suspect, on how the winter pans out.

SeasonFinale Sun 26-Jul-20 22:07:43

The provisional timetable showed gcses results day in 2021 as 26 August prior to the proposed pushback of exams so I would expect it possibly to stay the same so as not to spill into September.

As far as holidays go I would book earlier in the hols so you are back in time.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in