Talk

Advanced search

This headline makes me want to scream and cry at the same time.

(6 Posts)
flibbertmygibbert Tue 21-Jul-20 09:13:05

It’s no wonder teachers take such a pasting on here, and everywhere else. The comments are awful. The Daily Mail are such awful human beings.

OP’s posts: |
StaffAssociationRepresentative Tue 21-Jul-20 09:30:03

Well MN accept advertising from the Daily Fail. As said on other threads the keyboard warriors will be out in their droves across the site. It is unfortunate that they do no understand how school budgets work and that most staff will not get the headline figure

Pieceofpurplesky Tue 21-Jul-20 11:58:04

The comments make delightful reading 🧐 highlighting the intelligence of the daily fail readers

BrutusMcDogface Thu 23-Jul-20 21:11:07

But wtf aren’t nurses getting the pay rise, too? I don’t get it. I’m a teacher but god knows, nurses deserve it!

MinnieMousse Thu 23-Jul-20 23:03:21

This pay rise was announced in January, so it's actually nothing to do with the pandemic.
www.theguardian.com/education/2020/jan/21/teachers-to-get-pay-rise-in-attempt-to-boost-recruitment

I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the government trying to make out it's some kind of reward for what schools have had to do over lockdown. To let the DM readership froth a bit more about how they hate teachers?

Pieceofpurplesky Fri 24-Jul-20 01:32:57

Brutus nurses had a payrise (that wasn't great) that they are locked in to so couldn't be included. This pay rise was announced a while back and is not a thank you for corona at all

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in