Talk

Advanced search

Returning to work and reception induction?

(2 Posts)
Manchmallehrerin Sun 31-May-20 14:24:53

I am a primary teacher who is currently a SAHM. My previous temporary post finished at Christmas and I was hoping to restart after Easter - but then covid happened and I needed to be home with my DCs.

I was initially thinking I would like to go back in September, however my youngest is starting Reception and that together with the fact that all the DCs will have been home for the best part of 6 months made me think I should wait and get them settled before looking around. I am in the fortunate position that we can manage without my salary.

Now another job has come up at my last school (which I would love to go back to) and I am wondering how people have managed to settle their DCs into Reception whilst teaching? I have no local family for childcare and DC won't be full time at school till about the end of September. Does anyone have any advice?

OP’s posts: |
StrawberryJam200 Sun 31-May-20 15:08:07

You're assuming children will all be in full time by September, I don't think this is a given, even for Reception (whatever the induction period's equivalent of "full time" normally is).

Sorry that doesn't help you make any decisions though!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in