Talk

Advanced search

Feel like I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place.

(2 Posts)
nancyclancy123 Mon 18-May-20 18:18:27

I work at an SEN school, where my ASD dd is a student.
She has not been in since the end of March and I have worked as and when I can.
My husband has been working the whole time but we’ve been able to juggle the care so that I could chip in at work.
Due to his work load, he is no longer able to do this. Typically now is the time when they are wanting to know who can continue with their contractual hours. I cannot work if my dd doesn’t go to school and if I take her with me, she will be in a strange class, no real structure and staff that will change on a regular basis. She won’t cope, hence why she’s at a SEN school.
The school support my decision to stay at home, I don’t think they really want her in anyway. So why do I feel so bloody guilt ridden??

OP’s posts: |
likeafishneedsabike Mon 18-May-20 20:47:16

I mean this in the kindest way: caring for your daughter is the joint responsibility of both parents. If she can’t go to school (and it sounds like she can’t) then her parents need to split the week 50/50 (with working out of hours at home to make up the shortfall, of course). You both have employers who pay you and it would not be fair to let your employer carry the full load for this situation.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in