Talk

Advanced search

Talk me through responding to this job ad, please

(5 Posts)
Dogsaresomucheasier Sat 25-Apr-20 08:09:17

I have seen what would be the perfect role advertised, but for part-time hours. I need full time work. Please talk me though the etiquette of expressing interest but in a “is it possible this role could be increased to full time/ do you have other work available” sort of way, please.

I’d also love to hear if anyone has successfully built up tutoring to make up the difference in this situation. I would ask about supply but that is going to be very difficult in the current climate.

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Sat 25-Apr-20 12:11:52

I'm presuming if the school had the money for a FT member of staff, then they would have advertised for one.

SO - if you aren't working, then apply. It may well be 'a foot in'. I might be that you get offered some supply, once they know you. Schools will always prefer someone they know to be good presuming you are than taking a chance on asking an agency to send an unknown person.
but, if you already have a job, then it wouldn't make sense to then move to PT

Dogsaresomucheasier Sat 25-Apr-20 19:23:58

I’m currently working full time in a comprehensive but want to move to FE.

OP’s posts: |
MiniChoc Sun 26-Apr-20 10:55:09

I see absolutely nothing wrong with sending an email introducing yourself and asking the question the way you've worded it. I'd be fine to receive that.

MiniChoc Sun 26-Apr-20 10:55:21

The worst you'll get is a no.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in