Talk

Advanced search

Playdough?!

(10 Posts)
Aplace4 Tue 21-Apr-20 23:42:37

Appropriate/ok/good idea to be using playdough with kids in schools currently or not?

OP’s posts: |
flouncymcflouncerson Tue 21-Apr-20 23:43:23

Not if shared as it can’t be cleaned

Aplace4 Wed 22-Apr-20 00:01:03

My thouhts entirely. Said i wasn't happy using it but overruled and told that 'it was fine' by SMT. Anyone else in other schools where you feel union/govt/nhs advice about procedures and social distancing and staying safei s being followed or interpreted very loosely?

Franberry Wed 22-Apr-20 05:47:39

I was thinking of giving the children an individual ball of their own playdough to be kept in a labelled freezer bag or little tub? We have been told no playdough though!

Aplace4 Wed 22-Apr-20 09:17:49

Kids making choc cornflake cakes........ Yes or no?!

forrestgreen Wed 22-Apr-20 10:09:37

If they have their own ingredients and don't need to touch each other's things.

I'd do play dough if each child had their own

Lightofthephoenix Wed 22-Apr-20 10:26:08

Can they make their own play doh and then keep?
Ingredients pre measured out.

Aplace4 Wed 22-Apr-20 15:05:04

I'm not desperate for them to use playdough...... More the principle of whether it was sensible. This playdough was homemade, 5 weeks old and had previously been used by multiple kids and adults. The scenario I was concerned about was whether 2 kids and one adult re-sed it yesterday. Lots of sensible suggestions to minimise risk with cooking task. Don't think member of staff did this as it was set up as a measuring/weighing task..... Trying to work out if I'm being too 'up-tight' about social distancing and preventative measures....... Colleagues seem much more laid back and relaxed than I am about preventing infection spread.. ..

birdybirdbird Wed 22-Apr-20 22:58:56

We have given kids an individual, named tub and their own zippy bag of tools. Same for Lego and threading. It’s a lot of faff but we figure better safe than sorry.

Hercwasonaroll Wed 22-Apr-20 23:35:17

I think you have to be realistic, if on pupil has it in primary school, then you will all be catching it. Young children don't do social distancing!

I wouldn't be bothered personally. The virus doesn't survive temperature changes well and I bet school cools down overnight.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in