Talk

Advanced search

Will we be teaching in hazmat suits?

(7 Posts)
Haplap Wed 18-Mar-20 23:14:28

We all deserve the same level of protection as NHS workers, obviously.

OP’s posts: |
Theholidayarmadillo4 Thu 19-Mar-20 05:11:45

Paramedics are working without anything at all except flimsy plastic aprons if they're lucky.

Bluewavescrashing Thu 19-Mar-20 05:17:57

I doubt it! No testing, no protection.

Pineapple5678 Thu 19-Mar-20 05:28:12

Why will you be teaching confirmed cases or are seriously ill? Do you see Tesco staff, bin men , postman or carers wearing masks? Why would you be more at risk than a frontline worker who comes into comes into contact with thousands of people a day?

catnidge Thu 19-Mar-20 05:32:38

My DS is a Dr, he's been wearing two pairs of gloves to swab patients and a mask. No hazmat suit available.
I work in a school and the situations are just not comparable. As above poster said plenty of other people having contact with public still.
Personally,, if hate to work in a supermarket right now.

Pluckedpencil Thu 19-Mar-20 06:29:47

It is facile to pretend that teachers are like supermarket workers. Children don't maintain the two metre rule. These children are at highest risk of contracting the virus. No way should teachers have to do this, it's grossly unfair. But more than that, the rule should be no mixing in large groups and between different groups. The rule is simple - stay at home. Parents with children at home, not going out. If parents have to work outside the home, the govt need to provide money to facilitate that through private childcare where there are very few children or ideally the other parent stays at home.

DuckWillow Thu 19-Mar-20 07:29:34

I will be in work as long as i am well enough.

No children don't respect the social distance rule but hell will freeze over before I refuse to cuddle a child who is hurt and in need of comfort.

What will be will be.

I work in a Special school and I hope we will stay open.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in