Talk

Advanced search

If you buy resources on Tes or TPT, do you share them openly?

(4 Posts)
LeatherGloves Sun 23-Feb-20 14:55:53

I understand that resources bought on a school computer and printed at school belong to school.

I buy and prepare a lot of things at home. I don't mind because it makes life easier and I like the style of a lot of the things I buy.

I share freely with colleagues at the same stage, or if it comes up in conversation- i.e. someone saying they're doing decimals and finding it tricky, I'd offer a particularly good resource.

It has been suggested we create a bank of resources and my name was mentioned as someone with a lot of resources. I'm mildly pissed off at being volunteered for it...

OP’s posts: |
fedup21 Sun 23-Feb-20 14:57:56

It has been suggested we create a bank of resources and my name was mentioned as someone with a lot of resources. I'm mildly pissed off at being volunteered for it...

Who made this suggestion and whT did you say?

LeatherGloves Sun 23-Feb-20 15:00:03

HT suggested we make a bank of resources. I do think that's quite a good idea and it will cut down workload. I'm very happy to upload things that I have made myself and wouldn't mind sharing some things I've downloaded.

Another class teacher mentioned me.

OP’s posts: |
Michaelbaubles Sun 23-Feb-20 15:04:07

I would never pay my own money for resources to use for school, to be quite honest. If they’re needed for school, school should pay. I’d say you’re within your rights not to share things you paid for, but having said that it doesn’t create a collegiate atmosphere. A better way forward would be to divide things up to create and then share them freely amongst yourselves. Plus, things you’ve bought nearly always need tweaking to be of any use by which point I feel you might as well have just made your own.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in