Talk

Advanced search

Need to put myself first

(6 Posts)
crumpetsryummy Sun 23-Feb-20 10:23:06

Got to have a day case procedure done in a few weeks. Appointment came through last minute so put in leave of absence and the day for the procedure has been authorised but that's it.
Went for pre op on Friday and explained this to the nurse and he was to say the least flabbergasted. Said 48 hrs after and can self cert and to say this to school. He is happy to have his number given and say this.
I am getting anxious now. Don't want it to be denied again and don't want to self cert as then is this going to make me look bad.
Probably need to stop over thinking.

OP’s posts: |
MadeinBelfast Sun 23-Feb-20 10:28:07

Don't feel bad about looking after yourself. Take the time recommended by your doctor and recover properly. If you rush back you could end up needing more time off in the long run. If your management team are generally unsupportive, remember it's coming into prime job-hunting season! Hope it all goes well.

Tombakersscarf Sun 23-Feb-20 11:05:53

It might just be the way the record the absences - it's perfectly possible for you to self cert for a couple of days so it might not come under pre-approved leave? Iyswim.
Either way, hope it goes well and be off for the time you need to

crumpetsryummy Sun 23-Feb-20 22:10:38

Thanks, yes health must come first and shall tackle the issue tomorrow.

OP’s posts: |
Dilbertian Sun 23-Feb-20 22:14:00

Wouldn't the days after the procedure simply be sick leave?

astuz Mon 24-Feb-20 06:56:31

The school are just expecting you to put sick leave in surely? It's completely normal. I had a day case procedure done a couple of years ago. I just sent in my hospital appointment letter to the school, so they knew I'd be off on that day, and then when I went in to have the procedure done, the doctor gave me a sick note for 3 weeks, so as soon as I got home, i sent that off to the school as well.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in