Talk

Advanced search

Would it be weird to do this?

(11 Posts)
Quartermaster Tue 01-Oct-19 07:12:11

My son (year 5) is currently away on a school residential. There are six teachers there as well, obviously giving up their free time and being on duty 24/7.

Would it be weird/too much to drop some biscuits & chocolates and a little thank you card for them into school? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Michaelbaubles Tue 01-Oct-19 07:12:43

Not weird at all and much appreciated!

Blastandbollocks Tue 01-Oct-19 07:12:59

No! Teachers at our school would be so pleased you thought of them!

ZogorElmer Tue 01-Oct-19 07:13:30

No I’m sure they would really appreciate it.

I’ve taken many residential trips and sometimes not even had a thank you from the parents when they collect!

BeanBag7 Tue 01-Oct-19 07:13:53

No that sounds lovely

MsJaneAusten Tue 01-Oct-19 07:17:09

It would be weird in that it isn’t done very often but that would make it even more appreciated. Very few parents even say ‘thank you’ so a gift would be a lovely surprise.

PotteringAlong Tue 01-Oct-19 07:19:14

Not weird at all, it will be very much appreciated. I have every thank you card I’ve ever been given (secondary, 13 years of teaching, less than 10 cards) and yours would definitely go into my special card box!

Quartermaster Tue 01-Oct-19 07:21:44

Ok great, thanks all, will do (but won’t tell my son as he will definitely think it is weird and embarrassing!)

OP’s posts: |
TheVanguardSix Tue 01-Oct-19 07:24:07

Has the class rep not suggested a parental contribution towards biscuits/wine for all staff members who went on the residential?

Sewingbea Tue 01-Oct-19 12:49:49

Much better to be greated by a parent offering chocolates and a card than a parent asking "have you had a lovely holiday?". Because yes, a week away being responsible, with colleagues, for thirty Year 3 children 24 hours a day really is the sort of holiday I love...
I'm sure the staff would really appreciate your thanks OP.

Mammyloveswine Sat 05-Oct-19 11:11:43

I'd include a mini bottle of wine each for them
All! They've earned it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in