Talk

Advanced search

Should I accept the job working at harris primary academy coleraine park? Anyone with any experiences?

(9 Posts)
San93830 Thu 04-Jul-19 00:58:38

Hi, I needed some advice. I’ve been offered a job at harris primary academy coleraine park. But I’m not sure to take it or not? So fare I’ve not heard good things from working at a Harris Academy. I would really like some advice. Much appreciated x

OP’s posts: |
Terrifiedandregretful Thu 04-Jul-19 07:43:00

From what I've heard I wouldn't touch a Harris with a bargepole. If you search for Harris here there's an interesting thread from a year or two ago.

CheesecakeAddict Thu 04-Jul-19 11:42:02

There is a reason Harris can't keep their staff. I wouldn't touch them.

likeafishneedsabike Thu 04-Jul-19 12:17:24

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_staffroom/3472552-What-s-it-like-to-work-in-a-Harris-Academy

San93830 Thu 04-Jul-19 12:40:30

Yes I did see that thread. And it definitely made me think again. They practically offered me the job on the spot. I was expecting a tour of the school and to meet some staff. It was all a bit of a rush. Now that I think about it they didn’t even see my full lesson or wait to see how I interacted with the children. I definitely have made up my mind now and won’t be accepting it. Glad I did some research and found the first thread on here! Thank you guys for your feedback.

OP’s posts: |
likeafishneedsabike Thu 04-Jul-19 19:38:07

Good luck finding a better alternative.

Phineyj Sun 07-Jul-19 08:34:58

I think when jobs are still on offer in July it is always worth asking the question (even if only to yourself) of why the job is available.

wineoclockthanks Sun 07-Jul-19 14:45:27

I only know Support Staff who have worked at Harris schools and none of them would never, ever work in one again

Pangur2 Mon 08-Jul-19 23:20:53

God no. Don't do it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in