Talk

Advanced search

Online tutoring?

(5 Posts)
DogsLoveLakes Thu 13-Jun-19 22:22:30

Hi - does anyone have any experience or knowledge of online tutoring work? Such as where to find work? Is it worth it? What’s entailed? Interested both in teaching English Lang/lit as a subject or as a foreign language - or would a separate TEFL qualification be needed for that?
I’ve heard it mentioned but don’t really know where to find reputable opportunities or what’s involved.
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
DogsLoveLakes Sun 16-Jun-19 10:07:22

Hi - can I bump this please? Been doing lots of online research and no further on. Still not sure how to tell which sites are best plus their fees seem like quite a big proportion of the overall rates? Like 25% or is that normal?

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Sun 16-Jun-19 15:27:33

I was thinking about Interactive Tutor a while ago. I can't remember how they get their money but they weren't taking as much as 25%. Look them up on Facebook. Others include Tute and Interactive High. Good luck!

DogsLoveLakes Sun 16-Jun-19 16:23:25

Thanks @SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo
I’ll have a look. What stopped you going for it? It seems like a good idea in theory so wondering why more teachers/ex-teachers aren’t at it?

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Sun 16-Jun-19 17:07:52

Because I reckoned that preparing the lessons/ slides would probably take a long time and I've got enough face-to-face tutoring that I've got other resources for at the moment. Could be wrong!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in