Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else utterly depressed about going back!

(6 Posts)
fedup21 Sun 02-Jun-19 14:35:53

I know it’s the final stretch now, but I really don’t want to go back!

Have spent the morning trying to think of other jobs I could do instead!!

OP’s posts: |
LolaSmiles Sun 02-Jun-19 14:38:35

I really like my job but ive found myself counting how many working days i have until maternity leave will start (God willing it all goes to plan).

The final half term always feels busy when it should feel chilled.

themimi Sun 02-Jun-19 14:39:04

Try to break out of this. I spent years feeling like this but now enjoy every day of holidays - even Sundays. Do something in the evening (walk, gym etc). I work Saturdays (boarding school) so refuse to make my one day off a week filled with Sunday night blues.

HopeClearwater Sun 02-Jun-19 16:58:37

Yes I’m dreading it. I wake up on Sundays with the fear. I don’t sleep properly and ruin Monday with tiredness.

TheFallenMadonna Sun 02-Jun-19 17:00:40

I love my job, and normally wouldn't mind going back, especially as we've had Ofsted this term so we are a bit more relaxed now! But I've just started exam marking and fitting that in too is hard work...

PumpkinPie2016 Tue 04-Jun-19 21:04:35

I wasn't feeling great about going back - I love the job but I'd had such a lovely half term with DS and it was back to reality with a bump!

It's been fine though and I am back into it all ready! It is a busy time of year for me as I hold a TLR so lots of preparing for next year as well as finishing this year off.

I go away the day after we break up though so got that to look forward togrin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in