Talk

Advanced search

Any opinions on boycotting sats or alternative?

(6 Posts)
stayingaliveisawayoflife Sun 14-Apr-19 20:24:38

As above really! Do you think sats should be boycotted? Would you do it? What do you think should be in their place?

OP’s posts: |
CheesecakeAddict Tue 16-Apr-19 13:16:24

Yes I do. I honestly think the pressure and the constant testing is what has resulted in an increase of mental health issues in our students. I think there should be 1 set of exams - year 11 (and then year 13 for those who take a traditionally academic post 16 path). And the onus should not be on parents to drag them out of schools, schools should be making more of an effort.

Myothercarisalsoshit Tue 16-Apr-19 17:27:53

Corbyn says he will abolish sats completely if he wins the election. Then perhaps we can get away from this data driven bollocks and start to judge schools on things that really matter.

InternetArgument Tue 16-Apr-19 17:37:00

Sats, Ofsted - two cheeks of the same arse. It’s either box ticking or education in my view, as the assessment obsession only feeds itself to the detriment of teachers, children and the profession.

Myothercarisalsoshit Tue 16-Apr-19 17:51:10

Have a look on this site in primary education today. Well meaning parents tearing themselves to pieces waiting for their admission emails. It’s a fucking frenzy ... the need for parents to get their kids into so called ‘outstanding’ schools is one of the drivers of this ridiculous culture. Never mind that an ‘outstanding’ school might not have been inspected for years!

hen10 Tue 16-Apr-19 21:01:45

Absolutely. In fact, I might even vote Labour next time if this is an actual policy. It would improve my children's quality of life (and education) hugely and hopefully all the senior leaders who are more interested in data than actual children would go back to being 'game-changers' in a more appropriate sector.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in