Talk

Advanced search

SLT interview / assessment day advice

(7 Posts)
roaringwater Sat 16-Mar-19 09:16:44

I decided to go for it and applied for an SLT position in a different school. I've been lucky enough to be invited for an interview but, as expected, the day is designed to put you through your paces: 2 lesson obs, pupil panel, presentation to staff team, presentation to governors, buffet lunch with staff, in-tray exercise including a safeguarding scenario, formal interview.

Can anyone who has been successful in a similar application (or who does a lot of recruitment) give me any advice, tips, benefit of experience etc about how best to approach the day? Primary, incidentally, if that helps. Thank yousmile

OP’s posts: |
lankyesme Sat 16-Mar-19 09:40:14

Smile, look at the website, plan questions for the interview. Identify areas for development.

Look smart and prioritise safeguarding. If you have membership, use the Key. Good luck

xyzandabc Sat 16-Mar-19 09:44:26

In your presentation to staff, please don't tell them how you are great at making tough decisions and have previously dealt with plenty of staff redundancies really well. As one candidate recently did at our school.

SurelyNotOhReally Sat 16-Mar-19 14:14:24

We had that too xyz! We couldn't quite believe they had said it. They didn't get the jobgrin

roaringwater Sat 16-Mar-19 15:51:43

Definitely won't be saying that!

Thank you for suggestions so far - not sure where I'm going to find the time to prepare all of this but I'm sure I'll manage...

Littlewhitedove Sun 17-Mar-19 16:29:34

Do you know what the staff presentation has to be about?

roaringwater Sun 17-Mar-19 23:37:38

Yes, it's about how you have created an environment conducive to outstanding teaching and learning.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in