Talk

Advanced search

Would you bring this comment up?if so with who?

(25 Posts)
rainbowlou Mon 21-Jan-19 22:30:04

This could be outing if the other people involved are on here so I won’t give a load of detail..the yr 2 teacher is quite new (currently covering) and had a selection of the children’s books scrutinised for the marking etc..she then was given very negative feedback and was clearly upset.
The next day she asked the children to come forward in a circle and give her a group hug as she was feeling very sad, told them the senior staff (by names) weren’t impressed by the standard of their work and handwriting, she was worried about how they feel about the class etc , she then told them she wants them to promise they will work harder, concentrate on their handwriting and make her look good otherwise the head may tell her she can’t work in this school anymore and she won’t have a job and we don’t want that do we????...hence there were lots of lovely 6 year olds then shouting awwwww noooo!!!
What do I do with this info?? It has seriously pissed me off that she feels it’s their responsibility to keep her in a job!! Or am I overreacting?

OP’s posts: |
Finfintytint Mon 21-Jan-19 22:39:10

Depends where the information came from. Did you witness this or is a six year old's account. Very unprofessional if it is a true account and I'd speak to the head.

UpTree Tue 22-Jan-19 06:41:39

If my kid was in that class I’d he fuming!

LizzieSiddal Tue 22-Jan-19 06:43:03

Agree with Fin.

monkeytoad35 Tue 22-Jan-19 07:26:06

That's really bad what a ridiculous thing to say

rainbowlou Tue 22-Jan-19 07:36:39

I was in the room when she said it to them

LizzieSiddal Tue 22-Jan-19 07:37:20

In that case, you should most definitely tell the HT.

rainbowlou Tue 22-Jan-19 07:40:52

I’ll have a chat with the head today, poor children having that dumped on them

savagebaggagemaster Tue 22-Jan-19 07:44:20

Very unprofessional on her part. Have a word with the HT.

HeadsDownThumbsUpEveryone Tue 22-Jan-19 07:48:47

If you were in the room and witnessed this then why on earth would you not inform the head teacher? shock Are you a parent helper or a member of staff? Surely either way you know its inappropriate and that you need to inform someone. She is essentially emotionally blackmailing a group of 6 and 7 year old children. sad

rainbowlou Tue 22-Jan-19 07:51:54

It only happened at the end of the day yesterday and the head wasn’t in!
I’ll go in first thing today

EyeDrops Tue 22-Jan-19 08:14:24

How unfair on those poor kids! I sympathise with her being upset over negative feedback, but it's totally her work issue to sort, not the children. So unprofessional.

monkeytoad35 Tue 22-Jan-19 20:14:02

Did you tell the head op?

Pegase Tue 22-Jan-19 20:15:22

That is unbelievable- I have never heard of someone saying something like that in any school I have worked in!

SenoritaViva Tue 22-Jan-19 20:21:42

I work in a school. That is horrendous and I would want to know if that happened.

MaisyPops Tue 22-Jan-19 20:24:54

If you saw it then speak to the head. It's really not on to pass that onto students.

HumphreyCobblers Tue 22-Jan-19 20:37:01

That is really bad. She needs to go.

MsJaneAusten Tue 22-Jan-19 21:46:56

Woah. That is one of the most unprofessional things I have ever heard. Did you speak to the head? What was said?

rainbowlou Tue 22-Jan-19 22:12:26

Just to confirm she had a meeting Friday, she spoke to the children yesterday! I’m getting my days mixed up..however I spoke to the head, deputy happened to be in the room at the same time.
When I left today the three of them were in a meeting in the Head’s office so I hope something is being done.
I have had other concerns that I wasn’t sure if I was over reacting about but this one tipped me over the edge!

rainbowlou Tue 22-Jan-19 22:18:23

And thank you for all you replies, this woman, in just a few months has made me question so much about myself and my ability to do my job after 15 years...I will never sit back and watch her make those children feel shit about themselves.

MsJaneAusten Tue 22-Jan-19 22:32:17

will never sit back and watch her make those children feel shit about themselves.

You sound like one of the good ones. Well done for speaking out.

rainbowlou Tue 22-Jan-19 22:41:11

Thank you 😊 I make sure they know they can come to me whenever they need to..I treat them how I hope my children are in school x

iklboo Tue 22-Jan-19 22:43:08

That's emotional blackmail. Those poor children. Well done for speaking up.

monkeytoad35 Wed 23-Jan-19 14:08:16

Yes well done for speaking up! Do you know what they are doing about it?

LizzieSiddal Wed 23-Jan-19 14:48:31

Well done for speaking out!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in