Advanced search

Can't decide whether to apply for a new job.

(2 Posts)
PumpkinPie2016 Tue 08-Jan-19 18:15:13

I work at school A and have been there 3 years. I have, up to this year, always enjoyed the school and I have done well there.

For a variety of reasons, since September, I haven't been as happy. Department issues rather than whole school. I feel like nothing is ever good enough amongst other things.

Anyhow, I saw a job advertised at school B which I quite like the look of. It's a smaller school and is a non-selective independent. It's for an Easter start.

I can't decide sad I have exam classes (Y11 and Y13 ) so leaving at Easter is not ideal really. I am also doing an NPQML so not sure how that would work with moving schools. In addition, there is no guarantee of getting the job or even an interview and I am slightly worried about the reaction from my own school if I tell them I am applying and don't get it. I'd have to at least tell the head/deputy because of references. I do wish we could put in applications without having to tell anyoneconfused

I know nobody can make the decision for me but any advice would be gratefully received! Do I go for the job or stick it out and look for a Sept start somewhere else?

OP’s posts: |
Rathkelter Wed 09-Jan-19 10:57:40

Go for it. The opportunity might not come round again. Schools are used to people going for interviews as that's the way the system works. It's good practice for you, gets your CV up to date and also gives you an insight into what else is out there compared to where you are.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in