Talk

Advanced search

Absence procedures

(3 Posts)
Neolara Mon 17-Sep-18 08:08:38

I wondered whether I could pick everyones' brains. I was wondering what your schools' procedures are if a child does not arrive at school and there was no communication from parents to confirm the child's absence. Would your school pick this up, how quickly and then what would happen? Eg would the school ring home? I'm interested particularly in procedures in secondary schools. Many thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Ragwort Mon 17-Sep-18 10:08:27

Assume all schools are different but at my DS's secondary school they would pick up immediately if a child didn't register for morning/afternoon school and contact the parents/guardians. My 17 year old recently left early to do his driving test & didn't follow the correct signing out procedures & we had calls to both DH & my mobiles, plus home landline even though his mates told the school blush

Ragwort Mon 17-Sep-18 10:10:15

Sorry, didn't read your OP properly but yes, if the child didn't register for the first lesson & there was no note or message on the 'absence line' then a call would immediately be made to home/parents' mobiles.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in