Talk

Advanced search

Has your summer holiday illness started yet?

(9 Posts)
LemonRedwood Sat 21-Jul-18 09:05:00

Guaranteed every school holiday I'll be ill.

First day of summer holiday for me today and have woken up this morning with a lovely chesty cough, aching lungs (can't think of any other way to describe it!) and no voice (DH grateful for that one).

Is it just me that waits until I'm on holiday to be ill?

OP’s posts: |
wentmadinthecountry Sat 21-Jul-18 10:13:57

I have a sore throat and a blocked nose and my usual end of term tired headache (not wine induced) - trouble is, I've got two more days!

margotsdevil Sat 21-Jul-18 11:26:14

Mine has been and gone (Scotland) but the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday of week one were spent feeling sorry for myself - headache, blocked nose, lack of energy. Happens every year without fail - DH reckons it's just my body relaxing after the madness of the summer term.

CarrieBlue Sat 21-Jul-18 11:32:29

Coughed twice - and so it begins.....

lonelywolf Sat 21-Jul-18 14:38:38

Migraine for me today on the first day of the holidays. Not even out of my pyjamas yet. 😢

piebarm Sat 21-Jul-18 14:46:57

Having avoided every stomach bug this year I've been up since 4 being sick

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 21-Jul-18 19:03:19

I was unwell for the last week of term with blocked nose/eat, feeling shattered, sneezy etc. Really struggled to get through the week.

However, I am now feeling better so think I will be ok for the hols.

I hope those feeling unwell are better soon!

LemonRedwood Sat 21-Jul-18 22:14:25

Glad it's not just me although I hope everyone is better soon.

I've spent the day feeling sorry for myself on the sofa. Voice completely gone now. I hope it's just a short term thing - I have plans!!

OP’s posts: |
JimmyGrimble Sat 21-Jul-18 23:10:47

My cluster headache has gone haywire, I’ve a blocked nose and the sneezes and I’ve been in bed most of the day. Happy holidays!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in