Talk

Advanced search

Leaving teaching this summer, managing childcare in hols for alternative jobs

(5 Posts)
Scooby23 Fri 22-Jun-18 15:10:43

Just as post says- am leaving teaching this summer and am considering jobs outside of teaching. Looking for advice for managing childcare part time in hols. Do you find other jobs give you a little more flexibility in term time for going to own children events. Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Fri 22-Jun-18 15:19:54

Depends how old the children are.
Depends on the job (do you have flexitime to - say, drop them at a play scheme before going to work, then your dp can pick them up while you work late)
Can you work from home somemes?
Do you have other friends (or they have friends at school) that you can offer to have the other dc for a week and other family have yours for a week ?
Do you have relations they could stay with, or that could come and look after them for the day time ?

Scooby23 Fri 22-Jun-18 15:39:44

Thanks so much backforgood (loving your name!) One of my children is 4 so relatively young still. Will be able to ask relatives for some of the time but def not all. Am thinking that working round the year part time would allow me to work diary around some of chn events, but obs having been in teaching 22 years it’s difficult to imagine sorting hol care. Xxx

Scooby23 Fri 22-Jun-18 15:40:33

Ps could def swap with friends and think some flexi time would be poss. Thanks fir suggestions xx

Ocies Fri 22-Jun-18 15:44:20

My dc are grown up now but I used a mix of dh and me using annual leave, swapping with friends, play schemes or holiday clubs and grandparents. You need to be very organised or it can get stressful!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in