Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else having a 'lazy' half term?

(11 Posts)
PumpkinPie2016 Wed 30-May-18 08:59:45

Me and DS are off this week for the half term (he is 4). Both of us were exhausted after last half term for various reasons and with only having the week we are so far being pretty 'lazy'. DH is working as normal.

We did have quite a busy day yesterday doing the park/library and swimming and I'll take home swimming tomorrow but otherwise we have just chilled at home/played in the garden.

Is anyone else having a lazy one? I sometimes feel a bit bad if we don't do much but he is happy with his toys.

Plus, we are away the first two weeks of the summer hols so it's not as though we are not doing anything.

OP’s posts: |
KyloRenaissance Wed 30-May-18 09:18:15

Completely lazy and loving it.

It helps that we have had glorious weather (sunbathing in garden) and rain (staying in and not feeling guilty)!

monkeysox Wed 30-May-18 09:47:47

Totally rocking my pj's right now. So are my dcs grin

GreatDuckCookery6211 Wed 30-May-18 09:53:29

That's what school holidays are for OP wink laze away!

DumbledoresApprentice Wed 30-May-18 16:28:29

I’m jealous. I taught an intervention class today and am teaching tomorrow and Friday too. I love having lazy school holidays. Enjoy.

BlessYourCottonSocks Wed 30-May-18 23:53:34

I am knackered and have slept for quite a lot of the holidays so far. Dumbledore you're a nutter wink. Aren't you History, like me?

GCSE the day we come back and A level on Wed. If they don't know it now they never will. I'm buggered if I'm giving up any more time to them. (Although I've answered several panicky emails from Y13s).

DumbledoresApprentice Thu 31-May-18 06:37:08

Yep, history. Y13 yesterday were going over exam technique and the Mid-Tudor crisis. I have year 11 today and tomorrow. The year 11s have worked so hard this year (they are the most studious year group that we’ve ever had) so I don’t mind going in and doing the last minute revision. They know their stuff so it will mainly be to give them a bit of reassurance and go over technique.

BlessYourCottonSocks Fri 01-Jun-18 00:00:18

Do you teach Tudors at A level? Mine would love mid Tudor crisis and I've said I don't think it will come up because extracts were that on last year's paper. (AQA) My 11s are fab too, but I'm not desperately convinced they do know their stuff tbh - new GCSE has been hideous with the amount of content to cover.

TimeToDash Fri 01-Jun-18 00:36:34

4 is still very little! Sounds perfect, to unwind with some activities here and there.

DumbledoresApprentice Fri 01-Jun-18 06:46:56

We also do aqa. I know it came up last year but I think it’s possible if not likely for there to be an essay on it this year.
The new gcse is a lot of content but I love the topics I’m teaching and the kids like them too. Looking at my mock results I think the new Spec will reward hard work more than ability. I think it’s harder for bright but lazy kids to wing it and cram at the last minute. Some of my weaker kids who just love history and who have worked hard for two years are looking like they could well exceed what they would have got on the old specs. I quite like that even though I’m not sure what it will do to my value added.

BlessYourCottonSocks Fri 01-Jun-18 21:47:16

FIngers crossed then, Dumbledore! I love the topics I'm teaching for GCSE too, and agree with you that the sloggers will probably do well, which I'm quite pleased about too.

We swapped from OCR Modern World last year and I'm so pleased to not be teaching ruddy League of Nations at GCSE still!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in