Talk

Advanced search

Handing in notice

(5 Posts)
Mummyoftwo91 Sun 13-May-18 12:33:30

As wages are stretched across the year because of school holiday what would happen if I was to hand in my notice at the end of term but stating the notice would start before I was due to go back would I still be paid for August?

OP’s posts: |
thebookeatinggirl Sun 13-May-18 12:46:21

With normal teaching contracts there are only 3 time periods that you can hand your notice in.

At the moment you'd need to hand your notice in before 31st May (usually half term) to leave August 31st, and you'd be paid up until then. If you handed your notice in at the end of term, you'd have to work until December.

https://www.tes.com/jobs/careers-advice/pay-and-conditions/teacher-resignation-dates-and-notice-period

Mummyoftwo91 Sun 13-May-18 13:16:55

I am a teaching assistant does that still apply for me

OP’s posts: |
LondonGin Sun 13-May-18 13:17:52

What does your contract say?

Auntpetunia2015 Sun 13-May-18 13:21:16

Hi as a ta then you should only need to give a months notice. So in theory you could hand your notice in last day of summer term for finish end of August. But that’s frowned upon as it makes it awkward to do interviews for your replacement. I’m school admin and am handing my notice in this year after speaking to hr and trying to be a bit helpful but not too much ..I’m handing my Notice in middle of June but stating that it is with effect from 31st July so my last official day is 31st August. I tried to argue that as I’d already worked all my required days by end of July I could hand it in end of June with that as my leaving date but hr seemed to think I’d loose a months pay that way, couldn’t work out why but didn’t want to take the chance. Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in