Talk

Advanced search

Do you still use WALT?

(11 Posts)
UnstoppableMoron Fri 23-Mar-18 11:32:16

It just seems so old-fashioned! I do supply/ppa cover at a local primary school and children have to write a WALT for every single lesson. Then the children have to assess the WALT at the end of each lesson. When marking, teachers then either disagree or agree with the child's self-assessment. It seems like such a waste of time and I hate writing 'I agree' or some other inane comment. Do any of you still use it and find it worthwhile? If it were replaced with LO I think I would cringe a little less, maybe it is just the acronym I can't stand grin

OP’s posts: |
CarrieBlue Fri 23-Mar-18 12:04:50

As long as you use ‘We All Now Know’ at the end of the lesson....

UnstoppableMoron Fri 23-Mar-18 16:00:33

Don't tempt me....

Littlewhistle Fri 23-Mar-18 21:13:37

We are told to do it in P1-3. Further up the school they write out LI and endless success criteria. I write a WALT on the board at the start of the lesson but don't get the children to write it out as it would take some of them all day.

It makes me wonder how we ever managed to learn anything without writing out all this shite.

uncoolnn Fri 23-Mar-18 21:23:04

Aw we used to do WALT and WILF when I was in primary school about 18 years ago.. memories smile

cliffdiver Fri 23-Mar-18 21:35:33

My SBT1 placement uses this... (will be returning for SBT2) they have characters fir Walt and Wilf!

cliffdiver Fri 23-Mar-18 21:35:49

*for

UnstoppableMoron Sat 24-Mar-18 08:29:45

WALT and WILF characters shock. A whole new world of madness.

0hCrepe Sun 25-Mar-18 11:13:16

Yep still doing it.
Often it’s pre-printed to save time- the kids just stick it in.

Scabetty Sun 25-Mar-18 11:14:37

Yes blush

cliffdiver Sun 25-Mar-18 21:59:12

Yep characters - a giraffe and a crocodile!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in