Talk

Advanced search

Who has had an interview recently?

(6 Posts)
Lanaa Tue 20-Mar-18 17:32:53

What kind of questions were you asked? I have an interview soon and I just want to be prepared. Haven't had one for years, so v v nervous. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Olivo Tue 20-Mar-18 20:07:52

I am waiting to see if. Have been shortlisted but am in the same position as you. Are there standard interview questions these days? I am fine on safeguarding, which I know will be asked. I am assuming something on dealing with parents and maybe something on tracking and interventions.

Rathkelter Tue 20-Mar-18 21:03:49

Why you would like to work there (not because the commute is easy of course...); what you could bring to the role; a tricky situation with a pupil or colleague and how you dealt with it; challenges of teaching in a multi-faith/ethnic school; safeguarding; describe a good lesson you taught and why it was good... that kind of thing... best of luck☘

Whynotnowbaby Tue 20-Mar-18 21:15:30

Not been interviewed recently but regularly interview for new staff. Reflection on the lesson you’ve just taught is something I would always ask. I want to know that you understand the elements of a good / outstanding lesson and give you a chance to explain your thought processes when you planned this one. How would you ensure pupils receiving pupil premium funding were reaching their potential, including how you would ensure they are always ‘noticed’ in your classroom. If subject is an option how would you promote its uptake from ks3-4. How do you engage reluctant learners? Just a few that come to mind.

Rathkelter Tue 20-Mar-18 23:07:50

Oh, and what factors affect pupil progression in a school like X...

Olivo Thu 22-Mar-18 17:06:28

Lanaa, have you had the interview? If so, how did it go? I have one tomorrow!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in