Talk

Advanced search

Ex pupils

(3 Posts)
Punta Tue 13-Mar-18 17:46:09

My niece is on a course at college - she is 17. A couple of the girls on the course have started saying nasty things to her and taken pictures and put them on snapchat. My niece did not know these girls before and has a history of being bullied and vulnerable - she is overweight etc. However, both the girls left my school last year. I have never taught them, and have had very little contact with them. One I have barely spoken to, and the other was being a bit loud and gobby on a couple of occasions and I spoke to her - no big deal and it wasn’t aimed at me. The two girls have been using me as an excuse to have a go at my niece by saying things like I taught them and they used to terrorise me, I would storm out of the class because I couldn’t take it etc. For me, it’s water off a duck’s back, but I hate the fact my niece is being picked on (we thought we’d left that behind at her last school) and I am being used as ammunition.

I have told her not to react, note everything down and take screengrabs of any social media. Hopefully it will calm down, but if it escalates, we have evidence.

My niece approached her tutor at college and she says nothing much has been done but they plan to show the girls a PowerPoint on professionalism.

What would you do?

BlessYourCottonSocks Wed 14-Mar-18 21:15:56

Difficult. Can your neice's DM contact the college and ask for confirmation as to what they are intending to do to stop this harassment? Do they have a bullying policy?

Is it possible for you to ask your SLT to contact the college on your behalf to say that these girls are making slanderous comments about a member of their staff (ie you) as an excuse to bully another student and they would like them to speak to these girls and warn them that you/the school are considering legal action if it continues? Don't know what kind of relationship you have with your Head - ours would certainly be prepared to do this. It should hopefully put the fear of God into them.

cdtaylornats Wed 14-Mar-18 22:30:58

A letter to the head of the college that these girls are slandering you and you consider the college to be jointly liable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: