Talk

Advanced search

Job application- confused about main scale/ upper scale?

(8 Posts)
rainbowfudgee Wed 14-Feb-18 14:18:46

On the job advert it says 'main scale' in the pay category. I'm currently on upper 1. I'd love the job and wouldn't be bothered about being put back on M6 if it would help me get the job. I'm teaching on a 0.4 contract at the moment and this is for 0.8 so I'd be taking home much more anyway.

Confusing thing is, on the application form there's a section saying- illustrate how your experience meets the threshold criteria of the school - (relevant only if the post for which you are applying sits on the Upper Pay Range).

Should I leave this blank? Or fill it in as I do have decent stuff to put in there, subject leadership, extracurricular clubs, leading assemblies, trips, concerts etc.

I'm not sure what to do!

rainbowfudgee Wed 14-Feb-18 18:12:40

Anyone?

Cynderella Wed 14-Feb-18 18:22:51

I'd interpret mainscale as MPS/UPS rather than leadership/TLR, and would complete the UPS box.

rainbowfudgee Wed 14-Feb-18 23:53:55

thanks!

Buxbaum Thu 15-Feb-18 08:41:00

Fill it in - it sounds like you have plenty of relevant experience. Now that pay portability has gone they might not offer you UPS1 but as cynderella says I would also interpret 'mainscale' as 'not on the leadership spine'.

rainbowfudgee Sat 17-Feb-18 08:38:55

I have applied! Deadline is Monday and interviews end of the week. Fingers crossed smile thanks for advice.

MaisyPops Sat 17-Feb-18 20:51:54

Also would fill it in. I take it to mean main payscale as opposed to leadership payscale.

rainbowfudgee Sat 17-Feb-18 21:23:27

Thanks maisypops, I'll see what happens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now