Talk

Advanced search

Written task at interview..

(15 Posts)
TeaCoffeeCakeGinWine Tue 13-Feb-18 19:35:29

.. any thoughts on what this might be? Do you use written tasks at interviews at your school? I have been told I will have to do one at an interview I have coming up and am trying to prepare myself by running through the billions of different possibilities in my head of what it could involve.. 😫

LooksLikeImStuckHere Tue 13-Feb-18 19:37:49

What’s the job?
I had to do a ‘next steps’ plan for a child with SEN...

TeaCoffeeCakeGinWine Tue 13-Feb-18 20:04:18

It’s for a secondary teaching position

TeaCoffeeCakeGinWine Tue 13-Feb-18 20:04:46

I’m hoping it won’t be a next steps plan as I might struggle to do one of those

tulippa Tue 13-Feb-18 20:32:27

It could be anything - planning/assessment data analysis perhaps? I had one recently where I had to do an exam paper (Year 6 SATS for a primary teaching job).

Jeffers3 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:35:22

Mine was to assess a piece of work.

Hopeful16 Tue 13-Feb-18 20:36:38

Have heard of applicants being asked to write a letter introducing themselves to parents.

shushpenfold Tue 13-Feb-18 20:53:41

If it’s for s senior post, it might be an in-tray exercise, such as ‘you arrive at school to be greeted by the following issues...6 scenarios (naffed off parent, broken down minibus for a school trip, safeguarding complaint etc) Please details how you would deal with each.

shushpenfold Tue 13-Feb-18 20:55:12

Sorry, meant to say that the exercise tests your prioritisation skills....can you desk in the right way; delegate, leave the oddbone for a day etc.

shushpenfold Tue 13-Feb-18 20:55:30

Odd one not oddbone!

TeaCoffeeCakeGinWine Tue 13-Feb-18 21:02:20

Thanks for your replies! For some reason I am really worried about it. It’s silly really as I am an intelligent, articulate person but I haven’t come across something like this before which is why I’m so worried. What if I can’t do it?!! Just trying to get back into it all after maternity leave and worried my brain has fried somewhat.

user1483390742 Wed 14-Feb-18 08:22:59

I had an hour to:
-Assess a piece of work
-Reply to ficticious letter from a parent about their child being bullied
-Write an end of year General Comments report

Got the job!
Good luck!

BobbinThreadbare123 Wed 14-Feb-18 16:42:06

I've had to plan the term's work in my subject and write out a SoW of a topic etc. One of those tasks really helped to get me the job and one of them was definitely because the school hadn't a clue what to teach in that subject and got us interviewees to do it!

Rainbowcolours1 Wed 14-Feb-18 18:48:15

I'm interviewing tomorrow. They will have three tasks, one is a number of scenarios to respond to, one is a data analysis task and the last is a book scrutiny. They are all linked to the post they are being interviewed for.

GHGN Wed 14-Feb-18 22:08:56

Mark some homework
Reply to emails
Data analysis
I was once asked to sort out some topics into a sow.
If it is a post like deputy HOD/HoD, it could be replying to a complain.
One time, after replying to an email, I was asked to teach a lesson with 5 minutes notice. I told them it wasn't a realistic scenario for a HoD post as I would normally have less than 1 minute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now