Talk

Advanced search

I have just applied for my first teaching job!

(6 Posts)
LucyLastik Fri 09-Feb-18 00:51:47

I'm halfway through my training year so it seems a little premature to be even thinking about being an NQT, but I have just submitted an application for my first job.

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!

I'm currently on the School Direct route at the school I have worked for for the past 6 years. I'm hoping this will just be a formality.

Sorry, I don't have anyone to tell in RL because they're all in bed!

ShirazSavedMySanity Fri 09-Feb-18 06:22:51

Good luck!!
I am in a similar position to you - half way through my PGCE year on school direct route.
I’m currently filling in application forms.
Had my first interview last week and lost out to one of my uni friends - she’s brilliant. I got useful feedback from the interview, mainly to add lots of examples to interview questions and I went over the 30 minute slot for teaching...oopps.
Good luck!!

cantthinkofanythingwitty Sat 10-Feb-18 07:47:29

Good luck! I'm just in the middle of writing my first application form too. I hope it all goes well for you smile

AppleKatie Sat 10-Feb-18 07:57:04

Good luck! We employed an NQT for September this week. He was very enthusiastic 😃 I’m sure you’ll do really well. If it’s a school that have known you 6 years, just agreed to support you doing schools direct (and it’s going well!) and they have an actual job for you, I’d be amazed if you didn’t get it.

LucyLastik Sat 10-Feb-18 18:06:00

Thank you! I hope so.

Good luck with your applications

cantthinkofanythingwitty Sun 11-Feb-18 08:30:45

Let us know how you get on Lucy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: