Talk

Advanced search

Exam boards messing teachers about

(5 Posts)
Piggywaspushed Mon 05-Feb-18 12:02:07

Has anyone else had woeful experiences with OCR and new specs , or is it just me?

My subject is in the last swathe for reformed A levels and I chose OCR over Eduqas and now wish I hadn't.

There have been no courses ; there is no textbook; I can't speak directly to a subject officer. There is one sample paper (given how convoluted the spec is , more would definitely help). Today they said more sample papers would appear by the end of the calendar year, which they believe to be plenty of time!! Well, that's helpful. There are no plans in the pipeline for any CPD courses other than the woeful webinars.

The contrast with Eduqas couldn't be more stark I have to say.

Is this a common issue for people pursuing new A Levels?

BlessYourCottonSocks Tue 06-Feb-18 22:39:10

We're AQA for A level and they haven't been overly helpful. And Edexcel have been pretty shit with the new GCSE. We swapped from OCR for that one.

Solidarity, sister!

(Can't be any help, I'm afraid).

Piggywaspushed Wed 07-Feb-18 07:01:47

Thanks cotton , at least it's not just me and not just OCR!

I have always thought OCR suffers from a lot of internal politics and people who are shit at their jobs

Eduqas have -by contrast- been brilliant for the same subject at GCSE.

Phineyj Wed 07-Feb-18 19:04:47

I had a few issues with OCR last year. I teach Economics at A level and at one point on their syllabus it just said 'Pensions'. That was it. It would be helpful to get a bit of guidance on what they expect the students to know!

Piggywaspushed Wed 07-Feb-18 19:12:39

Yes - same here! They can't seem to get their act together. The GCSE in my subject was scarped and the A level seems to get no attention.

My colleague really wanted to do OCR for lots of good reasons but I wish I had overruled her now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now