Talk

Advanced search

RICCT Teacher interview (Scotland)

(5 Posts)
student26 Sat 27-Jan-18 21:18:24

Hello! Wondering if any teachers out there had any ideas what questions I could be asked at a teacher interview? It's a RICCT teacher position in Scotland. I would be teaching different classes when the normal class teachers take their planning and preparation time. I'd especially love to see some specific RICCT questions if anyone has been asked any. I've been looking on lots of websites too but looking for people to give me their experiences if possible. Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Balfe Sat 27-Jan-18 21:49:06

The usual terminology is NCCT (non class contact time) or McCrone cover (from the McCrone agreement).

Given the shortages 'are you able to stand up unassisted?' and 'can you read?' would not be unsurprising, however, I'd brush up on

- attainment gap
- HWB
- the general jargon of the curriculum

student26 Sat 27-Jan-18 22:04:31

Thank you! The word RICCT was in the job description when I applied. I've never heard of the McCrone agreement, I'll look it up.
I've been responsible for the HWB across the school for a full term so that should be easy for examples.
Thanks for your tips!

EngTeacherinScot Wed 31-Jan-18 10:18:15

Did you train in Scotland? If not you will need to be registered with the GTCS before you can apply for jobs here.

Not trying to be condescending if you know that already, I moved from England to Scotland so know the process and not everyone who trained in England is aware that separate registration is required.

student26 Wed 31-Jan-18 13:02:54

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm fully registered. And I got the job!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in