Talk

Advanced search

Animal cruelty

(4 Posts)
SmartiesHaveTheAnswer Fri 19-Jan-18 22:56:08

My DD (12) came home from school quite upset and angry. Some girls in her year group told DD and others that, whilst in Year 6, they were cruel to one of the girls's Hamsters - threw it to the ceiling, sprayed deodorant into its eyes and claimed it died shortly afterwards. DD was horrified and angry and said that they were disgusting but they laughed and said that they could do what they wanted.

Some time has passed since this alleged incident but my stomach churns at the thought of such cruelty. As teachers, what do you think I should do?

OP’s posts: |
Thierryhenryneedisaymore Fri 19-Jan-18 23:31:19

I am not a teacher but iam a parent and if my child was told something like this i would be very concerned and upset. There's no way of knowing for sure based on what you have been told that this actually did happen. But domeone should be asking a few questions here.

If you believe your child (no reason not to?) Then i would mention to the school. There may have been others who heard this too?

If it is true my God it's sickening. If it isn't, it is disturbing to say the least that anyone would claim to have done such a thing. Even a child.

BlondeB83 Sat 20-Jan-18 09:21:48

Tell the school, it will be logged and investigated.

sakura06 Sun 28-Jan-18 22:51:47

Definitely tell the school. Contact their Head of Year or a member of the management team. I'm not sure they could do much, but they'd definitely log it. How horrible 😞

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in