Talk

Advanced search

PGCE Student

(8 Posts)
Namechange16 Thu 18-Jan-18 17:32:06

Do you expect your block b students to provide you with a lesson plan for every lesson on their timetable? Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Balfe Thu 18-Jan-18 17:50:40

All my students have had to have a lesson plan for every lesson. At this point they seem to transition into a daily planner (still very detailed), plus reflections.

If the student was doing well I wouldn't be concerned about seeing them, but I would be working with a struggling student to plan/reflect.

BringOnTheScience Thu 18-Jan-18 18:51:10

I'd expect them to do whatever their Uni stipulates they must do. In return, the mentor does all the paperwork and support asked of them.

MsJaneAusten Thu 18-Jan-18 20:43:57

Yes. Lesson plan for every lesson. I do try to encourage them to use planners towards the end of their placement too, but the plans are usually stipulated by university.

Namechange16 Fri 19-Jan-18 10:41:43

Great thanks

OP’s posts: |
TheIrregularChoice Sat 27-Jan-18 14:47:16

Yes. I mentor our trainees and tell them they have to email planning to the CT in advance. If the CT is happy then all good, if any problems I can help out in my capacity as mentor.

samlovesdilys Sun 28-Jan-18 09:06:38

My trainees are beginning to transition into planning a series of 2-3 lessons to help show progress etc (but only the good ones!!) still expect LP for observes lessons.

ceebie Sat 03-Feb-18 18:55:33

I'm an NQT. In my second placement, my mentor didn't ask for a lesson plan in advance of my lessons. I would go to him with my lesson plan if there was something I wasn't sure about or needed help with.

I was very grateful for one less stress. He presumably trusted that I was capable of planning my lessons appropriately. Perhaps it would have been good practice for him to talk through a lesson plan or two in advance if he felt that there was a particular area of planning that I could improve upon.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in