Talk

Advanced search

PGCE/SCITT 2017... Still here?

(8 Posts)
Tarrarra Wed 10-Jan-18 00:12:34

I've lost the previous thread but guessing it's because we're all so busy. How's everyone's placements going? I'm in school full time now after uni based term and finding it exhausting, frustrating and great in equal measures smile. Hope you're all doing well. X

TheletterZ Thu 11-Jan-18 19:24:58

I wasn't on the first thread so glad you started a new one.

Mixed sums up everything so far. My first placement wasn't good but my second is going so much better. But I have to go back to my first placement and I really don't want to.

Tarrarra Thu 11-Jan-18 21:01:21

I'm PGCE and have been in my first placement on and off since September.
I'm already counting the days until my second placement after half term but worked that, like you, I won't want to go back to my first schoolgrin What is better about your second placement?

cantthinkofanythingwitty Thu 11-Jan-18 21:34:16

I wasn't on the previous thread but I do wished my first placement before xmas and I'm back to uni until my next placement starts in february.

I'm so tired after the break that I have no idea where I get the energy when I'm teaching

cantthinkofanythingwitty Thu 11-Jan-18 21:34:37

Finished*

TheletterZ Sat 13-Jan-18 13:09:47

Tarrarra, everything is different, there is a much better atmosphere and no odd comments, plus my mentor is a lot more constructive and giving me really useful things to think about and do to move forward. I'm going to speak to the uni and see what my options are.

Mijkl Sun 14-Jan-18 23:28:10

Still here, just about! However I thought my first placement was much better (mentor, not school). Current mentor doesn't seem in control of class, makes v difficult for me to take over from her.

Tarrarra Mon 15-Jan-18 20:03:42

TheletterZ It seems so unfair that placements can be so wildly different. I had a bit of a constructive whinge at my placement last week and they seem to have taken it on board this week. I spoke to my tutor last week and they pretty much said that if you're not happy on your placement and have tried to resolve it, then they will consider moving you. I don't want to move at this stage, so am hoping that I can improve things by being more vocal (but not too vocal).

cantthinkofanythingwitty I find it all exhausting. Mature student with kids so I haven't half the energy of the 20 somethings!!! :-)

Mijkl Sorry to hear that. Again, it's unfair when placements aren't up to scratch. Speak to your tutor if it doesn't improve. You only get one shot at this, and if you are not finding it helpful then they can maybe move you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now