Talk

Advanced search

Theoretical maternity leave

(11 Posts)
CrispsAndChoc Mon 11-Dec-17 20:54:32

I started working at a new school in September. If I were to fall pregnant now (just done a due date calculator-1st September based on my last period) would I get maternity pay? I'm so confused! Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Maidupmum Mon 11-Dec-17 21:02:34

Do you have continuous service? Did you come from another LA school?

monkeysox Mon 11-Dec-17 21:03:10

Look up burgundy book rules. flowers

Fannyfanakerpants Mon 11-Dec-17 21:05:59

Yes. But if you're not on a permanent contract, then you will only get 6 weeks 90% then statutory.

Orangeseed Mon 11-Dec-17 21:08:05

I was exactly same dates, no mat pay as it was an academy

Discusting Mon 11-Dec-17 21:09:00

You need a Year’s service at 11 weeks before the due date from what I remember correctly.

CrispsAndChoc Mon 11-Dec-17 21:34:55

Thanks everyone. I have looked up the burgundy book rules but they have confused me! I worked for years at a school previously but changed my contract to part time for a term on a temporary contract before leaving. I'm on a permanent contract now. I'm not in an academy either. I don't think I'll get it will I if it turns out that I'm pregnant?

CrispsAndChoc Mon 11-Dec-17 21:37:14

Rereading Fannyfanakerpants post makes me hopeful though...

FellOutOfBed2wice Mon 11-Dec-17 21:38:44

If you’ve had continuous service from another LEA school you should do.

CrispsAndChoc Mon 11-Dec-17 21:41:55

Does it matter that I did last summer term on a temporary contract? Does that break my continuous service?

smu06set Mon 11-Dec-17 21:42:17

Continuous service means you finished your last role on 31 Aug and started this one on 1 Sep. Changes in hours aren't relevant.
Some local authorities (and academies if they still operate under the union agreements) have þhe terms such that you have to have 26 weeks service at 15 weeks before due date , ie you got pregnant after you started the role. If it's straight burgundy book then yes a years service before 11 weeks before due date.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in