Talk

Advanced search

If only I had listened.

(4 Posts)
Whodunksakitkat Mon 04-Dec-17 17:15:01

I have been unwell for quite some time and have been spiralling ever downwards. Despite the advice I received on here and from my GP I have insisted on trying to keep going instead of taking time off. It all came to a head today when I completely lost it in a meeting. I am so embarrassed- I have made myself look like a complete idiot. I went in to the meeting thinking I had the support of my HOD but clearly didn’t. I don’t know how to move on from this and I am in bits. I keep thinking if I had been at home getting well none of this would have happened.

Balfe Mon 04-Dec-17 20:46:30

I'm really sorry OP. Can you go to the GP again ASAP?

Look after yourself x

Whodunksakitkat Tue 05-Dec-17 15:18:27

Thank you. I have been signed off and have had my medication increased. HOD not happy that I will not be in for the next two weeks. Wanting to talk to me but I have said no not at the moment I am too ill.
I know I can’t make any big decisions until I am feeling better but I don’t think I ever want to go back.

disappearingninepatch Wed 06-Dec-17 19:03:39

I have been signed off and have had my medication increased. HOD not happy that I will not be in for the next two weeks. Wanting to talk to me but I have said no not at the moment I am too ill. Horrendous behaviour from your HOD. I wouldn't meet HOD without union representation and certainly not while you are signed off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now